Pages

.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Is it Friday yet??

10:30 pm on a Thursday and I'm sitting in the living room, alone, still wearing my scrubs from clinic today (might I add they are stained with blue and red paint from a certain little 5 year old I see three times a week, she's a woman on a mission I tell ya), drinking a glass (or three) of cheap red wine and frantically looking for the remote because this Florida State / Virginia Tech game is only making this day worse when I realize that, yes, I am sitting on it. Icing on the cake isn't it? Sigh.

As much as I'd love to vent my frustrations of today out, I think I'll spare ya and move on to more important things, like this fabulous shirt I just ordered today (after my computer spontaneously deleted my completed treatment plan for next week right before I sent it to my supervisor. Happy Thursday ya'll):

Spectacular, am I right, or am I right? Given the recent election, this seemed fitting.

I'd say it's safe to say that this shirt was the highlight of my day. Well besides coming home to the most incredibly loving parents in the world who had made me a plate for dinner (with a nice glass of wine, not the cheap stuff I drink...alone.. reguarly). Which leads me to my next thought... 

Day 8: Today I am thankful for my mom (as you all should be). It's safe to say I have the most wonderful, understanding, hilarious (yet at times forgetful in the I-like-to-repeat-the-same-thing-fifteen-times-because-I-don't-want-to-forget-it kinda way), PATIENT, domesticated, strong and LOVING mother in the world. She's a breast cancer survivor, and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for her, because I wouldn't be the young woman I am today without both her and my dad's impact. I hope one day I possess all the wonderful qualities she does. Okay, I'm done bragging.

With my sweet mama at Florida State's Relay for Life (where she camped out, all night, with me and forty of my sorority sisters- how awesome is that?)

Together at the closing ceremonies- doing what we do best, crying over everything mildly-emotional.

Some pretty amazing girls who made being in charge of Relay for Life with Bailey for two years so incredibly rewarding- Thank you!!



Okay, enough with the sappy stuff, time to drink this wine and hit the hay. After all, I have a pretty handsome fellow coming tomorrow to spend the weekend with me. Pretty darn lucky if I say so myself.

Goodnight,

Maris




No comments:

Post a Comment