Pages

.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I carry your heart with me

I've been redecorating my room for the past couple weeks now and I really love how it's coming together, but (there's always a but) there was something missing. I'm usually not crazy about hanging things on the wall, I like clean, simple, classic. However, I've been seeing a few cool paintings on pinterest that I've been loving; like this one.

I had two left over canvas's from a painting I did for Hunter a couple years ago- and finally I had a use for them. OH YEAAAHH.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to paint on them, song lyrics, a quote, a poem, so I was sitting at my desk deep in thought (eh, debatable) and I saw this picture of my mom I just put up the other day:


I love this picture of her from her wedding day.


Then the little hamster in my head started goin', I was definitely going to do one of my favorite poems by E.E. Cummings,  "I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)"

I couldn't fit the last stanza but that's okay I still absolutely adore it. Here it is with one coat (well partially):

A few tips I picked up:


  • Prime the canvases with a white acrylic paint/water mix (lightly)
  • Do your first coat of the words VERY lightly, it is insanely easier this way
  • Don't worry if it's not perfect, that's what makes it beautiful (yeah, I'm that corny)
Anyways-

Here's the a few pictures of the final outcome:









Perfectly Imperfect? Just how I like it.

xox
Marisa

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I love this idea! I was wondering what type of paintbrush did you use? Also, when you say prime the canvas do you mean just mix some white paint with water, brush that over the canvas and let dry before you begin painting the poem? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete