Pages

.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Did somebody say Man Flowers?

DIY: MAN FLOWERS


My dad's birthday was in June and I had NO idea what to get him. I had seen an idea similar to this on pinterest months before but I completely forgot about it (ooops). Of course until I saw Hunter's sister make one for their dad for Father's Day, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it was CAAAA-UUUUTEE! 


My version of Man Flowers

What you need:

  • Flower pot 
  • Moss
  • Ribbon or straw (for the bow/optional)
  • 9 small dowels
  • Floral Styrofoam 
  • Floral Tape
  • Floral Leaves (optional)
  • 9 Mini bottles of their favorite liquors
  • Hot Glue Gun

Steps:
  1. Tightly wrap the dowels with floral tape. It will stick to itself and is easy to use.
  2. Insert individual leaves onto dowels, adhere with more floral tape.
  3. Hot glue one liquor bottle to dowel, hold for about 40 seconds or until glue is dry. 
  4. Insert styrofoam into flower pot. 
  5. Push dowels with liquor bottles into the styrofoam, top off with more hot glue to secure. 
  6. After all 9 dowels are inserted and secure into the styrofoam drizzle with hot glue and place moss on top!
  7. Finish your man flowers off with a ribbon or in my case, a straw bow! 
BAM! You got yourself a pretty fabulous bouquet any man (or woman hah) would love!


Drink up and enjoy! 


xox, Marisa 




No comments:

Post a Comment