Pages

.

Monday, January 28, 2013

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've done a food post, and lucky for you I've risen from my death bed and my mom and I made the most fab-u-lous chicken tonight. Here's a little glimpse into Cafe de Bartelt. 

Drum roll please... 
Okay, thank you!

Chicken stuffed with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes 

and

A side of sauteed spinach 


Chicken:
1. Cut your chicken breasts in half, and softly pound with a meat mallet 
2. Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
3. In a bowl mix goat cheese, a few pieces of sun dried tomatoes, one basil leaf and a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Spoon a small amount of cheese mixture on a piece of chicken, and roll that bad boy up like a nice little burrito, if you will. Hold it together with a tooth pic.
5. In a pan add a small amount of canola oil, lightly brown the chicken.
6. Put the chicken in the oven (at 400 degrees) for about 8-10 minutes. 
7. You're done- easy, peasy, baby!

Spinach:
1. Chop up three cloves of garlic.
2. Heat up a pan on the stove, add olive oil and brown the garlic. 
3. Add the spinach- A LOT of spinach because this is one sneaky vegetable, it shrinks to nothing.
4. Saute for a few minutes until soft and dark green. Salt and pepper to taste.

To make this even more simple....











This meal is e-a-s-y, and my goodness is it tasty. 
Try it and let me know what you think!

P.S. a sick weekend recap is on ze way this week. I know, exciting isn't it? 
P.P.S. How lucky am I to have a mom that can teach me to cook like this? Love you, lady!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness this looks delicious! i'm new to your blog and love it. new follower :) xox

    ReplyDelete