Pages

.

Monday, February 27, 2012

A little taste of Monday

Oh Monday, we meet again. If you weren't so cold and rainy maybe I wouldn't mind you so much, but you are, and I do. This weekend was too enjoyable to be over so soon, so Monday, I blame you.

Well first things first... Everyone, meet Vaeda, the cutest little nugget in the whole world.

I went to the Animal Shelter in Georgia this weekend with my roommate, Chels, and she couldn't leave without this little baby. The majority of my weekend was spent snuggling with this little girl, and food, lots of food. 

Friday night Hunt and I made the most delicious Bleu Cheese and Bacon Burgers. We just put a little worchestire sauce on both sides of the meat, salt pepper, bleu cheese crumbles on top and wrapped each patty in two slices of uncooked bacon. We put them on a piece of foil on the grilled and cooked each side for about 6 minutes each. All I can say is HOLY YUM! 


Saturday I worked on an old headboard that I'm turning into a chalkboard for the kitchen. The chalkboard paint is taking a little longer to dry seeing it hasn't stopped raining in three days, have I mentioned how much I love that? ugh. I'll post some before and after pictures later this week. 

Went on a hot date Saturday night- Ain't he a looker? I think so :)


Okay, so back on track- food. Last night I was really craving pizza, shocker there huh? We already had chicken, cheese, bbq sauce, bacon and a pack of pizza dough (just add water, my kinda dough) so Kate and I just ran to Winn Dixie (high class shopping) and picked up two onions. 


1. We rolled out the dough, placed it on the lowest rack at 425 for 3 minutes.
2. Added 1/2 cup of bbq sauce on the dough.
3. Topped the sauce with 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cooked shredded chicken, 1/2 red onion, 1/2 white onion and 4 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon. 
4. Put the pizza back in at 425 for 8 minutes and BAM....




Maybe my healthy eating will start today...nah, maybe next week.

xox-
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment