Pages

.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rome, part 1

Rome. 
Truthfully I'm not sure where to begin with this amazing city. Okay fine, let's start with the fact that it was the most incredible place I've ever been and if we would have gotten our passports stolen and had to stay there forever I would  have cried rivers of happiness- think I'm exaggerating? Well, I'm not. Not even a little bit. 

The people were so friendly, the food was to die for and any place where wine is cheaper than water is alright in my book- ya feel me? There were times Hunter and I were walking around hand-in-hand and I had to stop and take in everything around us. Our entire trip felt like a dream, but Rome was too good to be true. Besides getting hailed on. Twice. 


Spanish steps




 
Top of the Spanish Steps

The view from the top: fan-freaking-tastic 


Our rental car. Just kidding, we wandered around lost every where on foot.  

The Trevi Fountain... and no we were dumb dumbs and didn't toss any coins in, ok? 





Bruschetta platter: I'll have one of each today...for breakfast. 

There's the hail, in all it's glory.

This pizza speaks for itself, and it's saying eat me... all of me 






























I could honestly talk about Italy all day and I have, numerous times since we've been back but for your sake I'll keep it short. No better place to be lost, wandering around with no idea where your going, in the pouring rain, 30 degree weather, spontaneous hail, sharing a single person umbrella with your 6'2 boyfriend. Still makes me laugh thinking about it. I wouldn't have changed a single thing. Actually, I take that back- I would have bought my own umbrella. It's okay, I still love you Hunt.

Until tomorrow-

3 comments:

  1. My absolute FAVORITE city, ever! You tell me when & I will sell all of my belongings and run away with you (hunt & chris, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There is something fabulous about Italy that you can't explain unless you've been. Such a fun trip!

    xx
    http://thepocketbookblogg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are amazing! This is making me so excited to go there!

    ReplyDelete