Pages

.

Monday, July 8, 2013

An excuse to be outside and drink

I've come to the conclusion that Saturdays are the best days (well most of the time). When I was little I used to live for Summer, I think we all did. Then all of a sudden life started going by way too fast and I ended up being 23 and giving all of my time to earning a masters degree (there are still days I wake up and have a quick panic attack, wondering if this is what I'm suppose to be doing. But apparently that's normal. riiiiiight).

Anyways, when I woke up on Saturday I realized the sun was finally out, after 6 days of straight torrential downpour, and I was determined to do something outside. Literally anything outside, especially if it included a few drinks. 

I remembered seeing a few banners in downtown Tampa about the Redbull Wake Open, so I called two of my best guy friends, forced Hunter out of bed (with coffee) and tempted them with some good ol' outside day-drinking festivities. The Redbull Wake Open is a wake boarding competition that took place in the channel in downtown Tampa- there were 36 riders representing 7 countries. It was crazy hot outside, so we stayed two hours, had a few drinks and then went out for sushi and split a bottle of wine. Perfect ending to the day? Yeah, I thought so too. 


The view from the sidewalk. 

Clearly in deep conversation. 

Maurino, Hunt and Jeff. 



 Have I mentioned how happy I am that he finally lives here? really-freakin'-happy.


There's my dad, re-living his glory days of playing basketball. (And my sweet litttle tuck, too. The next airbud I tell ya.)

Hope ya'll had a great weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment